North American Goalie
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||September 16, 1989
||Lloydminster, SK, CAN
- Faced the second most shots (1875), among WHL goaltenders in 2007-08, behind Portland Winter Hawks' goaltender Kurtis Mucha (1897). In 64 games, he won 25 games, posted one shutout and finished 15th in the league with a .908 save-percentage.
- Patterns his game after Pittsburgh's Marc-Andre Fleury but also tries to take something from a lot of different goaltenders to create his own style.
- His most memorable hockey moment was his first game with Saskatoon, "It was a dream of mine, since I was about five, to play for the Blades."
- His dad, Greg, was a goaltender for the Saskatoon Blades and the University of Saskatchewan Huskies and he wears number 1 after his father.
- Got his start in hockey on the backyard rink that his dad built, "I always watched my dad when he played goal and I wanted to be just like him".
- His first hockey team was the Lashburn Flyers and he played his minor hockey with Lashburn (1994-03) and Lloydminster (2003-05).
- Credits his parents for having had the most influence on his career "they have been tremendously supportive and have both taught me everything I know about life and hockey."
- The best advice he ever received was a quote by Victor Hugo written on a plaque given to him by his grandparents. "There is nothing like a dream to create the future."
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Marc-Andre Fleury, "he is my favorite goalie and he always seems to have a good time", Sidney Crosby, "it's amazing how he handles himself in the spotlight and how he plays with so much passion" and Taylor Swift, "I love her music".
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was his first WHL game in Red Deer, "right before the national anthem a guy yells out the goalie's name and the whole crowd yells sucks after. I went out to the hash marks and tripped and fell right as the crowd was yelling it".
- If he wasn't playing hockey he would be playing baseball and if he could be in any one movie he would want to be Jason Bourne in the Bourne trilogy.
NHL Team: Colorado Avalanche
NHL Player: Pittsburgh's Marc-Andre Fleury
Shootout move: In practice I like the poke check so I can say it like the guy off of the McDonald's commercial
Goal celebration: "Either a shootout or a overtime goal so I can be a part of it."
Practice Drill: Rebound after practice
Video Game: NHL 08
Movie: Happy Gilmore
TV Show: Two and a Half Men
Actress: Jessica Alba
Artist: Jack Johnson
Book: Money Ball
Food to cook: Steak with shrimp and roasted vegetables
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Activity away from the rink: Playing the guitar
Toy growing up: Lego
Place to shop: Cliff Rose for clothes in Lloydminster
Place to visit: Rainforest in South America