• Latta started the season with the Ottawa 67’s, playing 23 games and recording 21 points (8-13-21) before being traded to the Guelph Storm at the end of November. In 42 games with Guelph, he totaled 36 points (14-22-36).
• He was selected to participate in the 2009 CHL Top Prospects Game where he claimed the accuracy shooting event during the skills competition, knocking out four targets on six shots.
• The St. Clements, Ontario native played for the Waterloo Minor Midgets in 2006-07 picking up 118 points in 73 games before making the jump to the OHL.
• Latta patterns his game after Philadelphia forward Mike Richards who was also his childhood hockey hero when he captained the Kitchener Rangers – “I like to try and play like Richards because he competes hard and plays a skilled, tough game”.
• He played his minor hockey in Waterloo, his first team was the Waterloo Rockies when he was five years old – “my brothers played and my mom wanted to sign me up”.
• Nicknamed “Latts”, he wears number 17 for Wendel Clark, one of his favorite players and his most embarrassing hockey moment was missing a wide open net on a penalty shot against Erie.
GUELPH'S LATTA TRYING TO STAY ON RIGHT SIDE OF THE LINE