Own a Game Worn Jersey
Game worn jerseys on sale Friday during the Caps vs. Maple Leafs game at the Verizon Center team store.
The Capitals and MeiGray Group, the team’s official game-worn jersey partner who runs the Washington Capitals-MGG Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program, will be offering its annual special set of home red jerseys on Friday. This special set of jerseys was worn in a very special game - Dale Hunter’s first NHL victory as head coach of the Caps, a 3-2 overtime triumph last Saturday night at Verizon Center over the Ottawa Senators.
Only 24 game-worn or game-issued jerseys will be available for sale in the Team Store, one per player, available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Friday. The Team Store doors open at 5 p.m., two hours before our game vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Among the 24 jerseys will be:
- The jersey worn by Brooks Laich, playing in his 500th NHL game, who scored the game-winning goal just :12 seconds into OT.
- The jersey worn by Alex Ovechkin, who was also playing in his 500th NHL game.
- The jersey worn by Michal Neuvirth, who stopped 32 of 34 shots for the victory in goal.
- One jersey for each of the other 17 Capitals in the lineup.
- One game-issued jersey for four other Caps that were not in the lineup.
Every game-worn jersey was individually serial-numbered before it was worn and authenticated after it was worn by MeiGray and the Caps. Each jersey will come with a Washington Capitals-MeiGray Group Letter of Authenticity.
For any questions about these or other game worn jerseys please contact Barry Meisel with MeiGray Group at 908-541-0114 or email@example.com.