Washington Capitals Youth Hockey Shootout
The Washington Capitals Youth Hockey Shootout is back! This exciting competition will allow participants to showcase their skills while contending to become the top shooter or goalie in their age bracket. All finalists get to compete in front of thousands of fans at the Verizon Center during intermission of a Washington Capitals home game. Registration is open to all youth hockey players at the mite, squirt, peewee, bantam, and midget age groups (determined by USA hockey age classifications). There is no fee to participate
The fifth annual Washington Capitals Youth Hockey Shootout is supported by the Washington Capitals, USA Hockey, the Potomac Valley Amateur Hockey Association (PVAHA, the USA Hockey affiliate for the Maryland, Virginia, and District of Columbia area), and local youth hockey organizations.
The tournament is conducted in three rounds, a preliminary round, which will be held at six local ice rinks (three in Maryland and three in Virginia), a semifinal round, which will be held at the Capital’s practice facility in Arlington VA, and the final round, which will be held at Verizon Center during a Capitals home game.
Register using the form below. Limited spaces are available and registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Players may only participate in one preliminary round. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Capitals Youth Hockey Department at email@example.com or 202-266-2229.
Preliminary Round Dates and Locations
• Saturday, August 17, Cabin John Ice Rink 12:00pm-4:00pm
• Saturday, August 24, Ashburn Ice House 3:30pm-9:00pm
• Sunday, August 25, SkateQuest Reston 9:00am-1:00pm
• Friday, August 30, The Gardens Ice House 5:00pm-10:00pm
• Saturday, August 31, Richmond Ice Zone 3:00pm-7:00pm
• Sunday, September 1, Rockville Ice Arena 3:15pm-7:15pm
* Note: all Maryland residents must register to participate in one of the Maryland preliminary rounds. All Virginia residents must register to participate in one of the Virginia preliminary rounds. DC residents may participate in whichever preliminary round is most convenient to attend. Please register players based on the level that they play and not solely on age