Washington Capitals Donation Policy and Guidelines
The Washington Capitals are committed to positively influencing the community beyond just hockey games. The Caps are dedicated to supporting local charities and nonprofit organizations through the donation of Capitals memorabilia. Due to the overwhelming number of requests received, we are unable to support every organization with a donation. In order for your organization to be considered for a donation item, you must comply with the guidelines below. These guidelines were established by the team to assure fairness while maximizing the benefits that the Washington Capitals can provide the community.
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in denial.
· All donation requests must be submitted online through the WASHINGTON CAPITALS DONATION REQUEST FORM.
· Requests submitted via email, fax, mail or phone will NOT be considered.
· The online donation form must be filled out completely in order for your request to be considered.
· Your nonprofit organization must have 501(c)(3) tax exempt status. You must enter your organization’s valid Tax Exempt ID number in the online form in order for your request to be considered. If you are a business sponsoring a charitable event, please ask a member of the charity to complete the donation request form.
· Your organization must be located in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area to receive a donation. We are unable to accommodate requests made by organizations located outside of Washington, D.C., Maryland or Virginia.
· Requests must be received at least six weeks prior to the date of your event.
· Organizations may only receive one donation per calendar year.
· Please do not call to inquire about the status of your request as all correspondence will be handled via email.
· All requests are subject to approval by the Washington Capitals.
· It is recommended that your event not be centered on the anticipation of receiving a donation item. A Capitals donation item should be a complimentary element to your event.
· Donation requests typically will be sent out two-three weeks prior to the date of the event.
After you submit the request form online, you will receive a return email with a username and password so that you may check the status of your request. The Washington Capitals care about the community and the environment and ask that you do not mail or fax requests to our offices. We are trying to decrease our carbon footprint and to help protect our environment. We appreciate your support and look forward to viewing your request.
Submitting an online request does not guarantee that your organization will receive a donation.
Please note the Washington Capitals Community Relations Office is unable to donate game tickets, make monetary donations or provide monetary sponsorships and does not accept personal items to be mailed in or dropped off to be autographed by players, coaches and/or alumni.
If you meet the guidelines above, you may submit a request for a charitable donation by completing the online WASHINGTON CAPITALS DONATION REQUEST FORM.