The Washington Capitals have hosted 70 clinics and reached more than 10,000 students in the Washington, D.C., area through the team’s Hockey School program since its inception in 2007. Capitals Hockey School is a free program designed to be both instructional and interactive, with the goal of exposing students to floor hockey and teaching proper technique. Each Hockey School visit consists of an interactive floor hockey clinic focusing on puckhandling, passing and shooting.
This season Capitals coaches, players, alumni, Slapshot and team representatives will host Hockey School sessions between September and May for groups of 200 fourth through eighth-graders.
Each student who participates in Hockey School will receive the following:
- An autographed player card signed by one of the Washington Capitals players or alumni attending the clinic
- A hockey 101 booklet that outlines the rules of street hockey and ice hockey
- One coupon for a free open skate session at a local participating rink
- One coupon for a free learn to skate or learn to play introductory class at a local rink
- A Hockey School squishy puck
Schools will also receive one free set of street hockey equipment as well as a Capitals Hockey School banner to display in their school year-round.
If you have questions about Capitals Hockey School, please contact Nadia Wajid at 202-266-2352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.